Origin Protocol (Origin)
Origin is a sharing economy marketplace and set of protocols that enables buyers and sellers of fractional use goods and services (car-sharing, service-based tasks, home-sharing, etc.) to transact on the distributed, open web. Using the Ethereum blockchain and Interplanetary File System (IPFS), the platform and community are decentralized, allowing for the creation and booking of services and goods without traditional intermediaries.
We are specifically building a large-scale commerce network that:
• Transfers direct financial value (listing, transaction, and service fees) from large corporations like Airbnb, Craigslist, Postmates, etc. to individual buyers and sellers
• Transfers indirect financial and strategic value (privately aggregated silos of customer and transaction data) from those same corporations to the entire ecosystem
• Creates new financial value for marketplace participants that contribute to the growth of the network (e.g. building new technology for the Origin network, bootstrapping new product verticals, and referring new users and businesses)
• Is built on an open, distributed, and shared data layer to promote transparency and collaboration
• Immediately allows buyers and sellers across the world to do business with each other without difficult currency conversions or tariffs
• Promotes personal liberty by not allowing a central corporation or government to impose arbitrary and oftentimes onerous rules on how to do business
To accomplish these ambitious goals, the Origin platform is being launched with incentives from the outset to encourage other technologists, businesses, and consumers to build, contribute, and extend the ecosystem with us. We imagine a broad collection of vertical use cases (e.g short-term vacation rentals, freelance software engineering, tutoring for hire) that are built on top of Origin standards and shared data. Together, we will create the Internet economy of tomorrow.
Idea conception and demo DApp development
Product Brief and Whitepaper released
Launch alpha on Ethereum testnet
Public beta and community sale
Token distribution and launch of 3rd-party DApps
Fully decentralized services and governance